Talking about the history of Hung Hom Station, of course, is the history of the Kowloon-Canton Railway. The Kowloon-Canton Railway mentioned here refers to the railway from Kowloon to Guangzhou. It was completed in 1910, just before the fall of the Qing Dynasty, to witness the last history between the Qing Dynasty and the British colonization of Hong Kong. At that time, the Kowloon Terminus was located in Tsim Sha Tsui. The station building was built with red bricks and granite. It was the easternmost station in the territory of the British Empire and was very representative. Later, the main building of the station was demolished, leaving only the clock tower in Tsim Sha Tsui today.
In 1949, when the CCP established job email list the government, the train service between Kowloon and Guangzhou was interrupted. Later, the border of Luohu has been affected by the political chaos in China, which has ushered in waves of escape from Hong Kong. The railway can't go to Guangzhou, it can only end at Luohu. As for the current location of Hung Hom Station, it was still a wasteland facing Victoria Harbour. In the picture below from 1963, it can be seen that Whampoa is still a shipyard and there is no Princess Road yet. The current location of the Polytechnic University appears to be a train dispatch facility at that time.
In the 1970s, the government planned to move the Kowloon terminus to Hung Hom. In the picture below from 1973, the foundation works for the later station building can be seen. To the west of the station, you can see the toll plaza of the Cross-Harbour Tunnel, which opened to traffic a year earlier, and the interchange with the newly built Princess Road flyover.